Welcome to CUPE 1165
We are a composite local comprised of five units representing Custodial, Maintenance, Office, Clerical, Technicians, Transportation and Food workers. With over 300 membersThe locals include members of the Near North District School Board, Conseil Scolaire Du District Catholique Franco-Nord, Nipissing Student Transportation Service and Compass Group Canada. This covers over12,086 square kilometres in Northern Ontario.
Cupe 1165 was first given charter on August 28, 1968 with maintenance and caretakers. Nipissing Roman Catholic workers joined on June 5, 1970. Office, clerical and technical members joined February 11, 1970. Nipissing Board of Education a/v technicians joined on February 25, 1971. On October 28, 1974 East Parry Sound joined CUPE 1165. The representation vote between ETFO, OSSTF and CUPE took place on October 6, 1998. Both units voted in favour of CUPE while EA’s voted for OSSTF.
Our Mission Is ………
- To ensure and promote the well-being of our members and their families
- To represent and protect our members as to our collective agreements
- To continue to maintain and improve the social and economic welfare of our members
- To safeguard the rights of all members and provide responsible representation as to the local’s by-laws and CUPE
To All CUPE 1165 Members
Special Meeting Request By Members of CUPE 1165-1 & 2
Date: August 21/2018
Time: 6:30 PM
Location: Chippewa Secondary
As per bylaws section 6(b)
We the undersigned wish to discuss the following topics.
- Signing in of all member’s present
- Grievance’s for Tom Butler, Tom Daly and group
- Function of National, Executive, Stewards and how they all should mesh
- Roles of Stewards for members
- Request for more steward’s volunteer and appropriate training
- Grievance Committee for local needs to be voted on
- Grievance Committees for local composite’s to be formed
- Executive spending freeze due to upcoming contract renewals
- Bylaws that were motioned and accepted but were not put into the proposed new bylaws
- More regular monthly meetings required for members in North Bay
This year is election year for Local 1165. Our next General Membership meeting will be help Saturday Oct 13. This will be the nomination meeting and will replace the meeting normally held in September. Voting day will be Nov 14 with the new executive sworn in shortly after that. Position of President, Secretary-Treasurer and Recoding Secretary are open to any member of Local 1165. The VP positions are linked to the bargaining units. If you are interested in running for a position, please make sure to attend the Oct 13 meeting, you have to be there in order to accept the nomination.
Cupe 1165 President
Important Updates OSBCU and survey
There are no upcoming events.
Message from the President
Good evening everyone
On April 13/14, the Introduction to Stewarding and Note taking course is being offered at the North Bay CUPE office, we are wondering if anyone is interested in attending the course. Depending on numbers, the Local may look into offering the course on a different weekend for just Local 1165 members.
Please let your VP know if you are interested in attending the course.
President Cupe 1165